Here’s a fun swiss chard recipe for you! (Thank you, Deb, for this great suggestion.) The recipe does not mention using the stems of the swiss chard, as I usually do, so I assumed that the stems are removed before cutting.
- 3 cups packed fresh Swiss Chard, rinsed and cut into thin strips
- 1/2 cup chopped white onion
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed and minced
- 1 cup canned black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 cup shredded cheese (jalapeno soy suggested)
- pinch cumin/pinch salt
- 4 corn tortillas (I used my whole can of beans and 7-8, 6 inch tortillas)
- 2/3 cup salsa verde
Wilt chard in hot skillet. Remove. Spray skillet with Pam (or use a little olive oil). Cook onion and garlic just to soften. Remove from heat. Stir in beans, half the cheese, the cumin and salt. Top each tortilla with 1/4 of the chard and 1/4 of the bean mixture – roll up tortillas. Bring salsa to a simmer in a skillet over med/high heat. Add enchiladas and spoon salsa over top. Sprinkle with remaining cheese. Simmer, covered, until filling is hot and cheese melts. Let stand 5 min. before serving.